Antiparos – Greece
- Antiparos is a picturesque island in the southern Aegean sea, at the heart of the Cyclades, Greece.
- This Aegean island is located very close to Paros island.
- Antiparos is ideal for a relaxing holiday or a family vacation.
- Antiparos can easily be reached from Pounda port in Paros by a ferry boat.
- In Antiparos you can enjoy many activities such as swimming at the beaches along the island’s beautiful coastline, water sports, diving or kite surfing.
- In Antiparos you can visit the town (hora) that was built around a 15th century Venetian castle or go to Antiparos Cave on Ayios Ioannis Hill, and see its famous stalagmite and stalactite formations; including the oldest stalagmite in Europe.
- West of Antiparos there are three uninhabited small islands: Despotiko, Tsimintiri (between Antíparos and Despotiko) and Strongylo (west of Despotiko). You can easily visit Despotiko and its beaches by a small tour boat.
- Antiparos.com offers a comprehensive travel guide for Antiparos and the nearby Cycladic islands.
- Follow us on social media @antiparoscom:
Antiparos island and the movie Suntan has been nominated for the award for the best European location in Cinema and…
Antiparos cinema, Cine Oliaros, has closed for the winter earlier than usual because of unexpected technical problems. The scheduled screening…
Cine Oliaros in Antiparos town released the movie schedule for the week 28 August – 3 September, 2017. All cinema…
Cine Oliaros in Antiparos town released the movie schedule for the week 21 to 27 August, 2017. All cinema screenings…
Where beauty well exceeds its size Antiparos is a small Greek island located at the heart of the Cyclades and the Aegean sea. It’s situated just one nautical mile from Paros island and it is known for its distinctive Cycladic beauty.
The island offers 57 km of stunning shoreline and is blessed with a striking natural beauty, crystalline emerald waters, golden sandy beaches and other extraordinary natural wonders.
Narrow cobbled stone alleys and streets, white-washed houses decorated with thriving pink and purple bougainvilleas and shadowy eucalyptus trees create this enchanting atmosphere.
Walking through the small town built around a 15th century Venetian castle in a summer afternoon is an experience that will not be forgotten.
Organized boat tours, hiking, cycling, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing and kite surfing, are just a few ways you can appreciate and experience the natural beauty of the island and the sea.
West of Antiparos there are three uninhabited small islands: Despotiko, Tsimintiri (between Antíparos and Despotiko) and Strongylo (west of Despotiko).
What people say
Antiparos is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever visited. The atmosphere makes it ideal for a relaxing vacation. Even if you are staying at Paros it is well worth a day trip to see Antiparos cave, Despotiko island, eat some local Greek food and fresh ice-cream and grab a cocktail before you get the last ferry boat to Paros.
Fantastic sunset in the beautiful and sacred Despotiko Island, Antiparos, Paros, Greece! Amazing Aegean sea!