Visit Greek Islands, Cyclades, Greece
- Welcome to Antiparos.com, the no. 1 travel guide of Antiparos island!
- Antiparos is a beautiful and unique island in the southern Aegean sea, at the heart of the Cyclades, Greece.
- This Aegean island is located very close to Paros island.
- The small island is ideal for a relaxing holiday or a family vacation.
- Antiparos can easily be reached from Pounda port in Paros by a ferry boat. The ferry boat ride takes about 7 minutes.
- On the island you can enjoy many activities such as swimming at the beaches along the island’s beautiful coastline, water sports, diving or kite surfing.
- You can visit the town (hora) that was built around a 15th century Venetian castle or go to Antiparos Cave on Ayios Ioannis Hill, and see its famous stalagmite and stalactite formations; including the oldest stalagmite in Europe.
- Also you can visit the Antiparos sea caves by a boat or explore the numerous churches.
- West of Antiparos there are three uninhabited small islands: Despotiko, Tsimintiri (between Antiparos and Despotiko) and Strongylo (west of Despotiko). You can easily visit Despotiko and its beaches by a small tour boat.
- Antiparos.com offers the best and more comprehensive travel guide for Antiparos and the nearby Cycladic islands.
- Follow us on social media @antiparoscom:
GET FROM PAROS
FIND THE BEST BEACH
FIND WHERE TO STAY
ON THE ISLAND
HOW AND WHEN
TO VISIT THE CAVE
One-day scientific archaeological meeting: Monuments and antiquities of Antiparos and its islets Saturday 15-9-2018, School Complex, Kaloudas Hall These are…
One-day scientific archaeological meeting: Monuments and antiquities of Antiparos and its islets Saturday 15-9-2018, School Complex, Kaloudas Hall This…
Are you gonna be in Antiparos or Paros on Saturday 8/9? Do you like parties? Free beers and snack food?…
The new Despotiko book is now out and available for purchase. The book was written by archeologist Yannos Kourayos and is…
Explore the Cycladic Beauty of Antiparos in Greece
Where beauty well exceeds its size Antiparos is a small Greek island located at the heart of the Cyclades and the Aegean sea. It’s situated just one nautical mile from Paros island and it is known for its distinctive Cycladic beauty.
The island offers 57 km of stunning shoreline and is blessed with a striking natural beauty, crystalline emerald waters, golden sandy beaches and other extraordinary natural wonders.
Narrow cobbled stone alleys and streets, white-washed houses decorated with thriving pink and purple bougainvilleas and shadowy eucalyptus trees create this enchanting atmosphere in Antiparos town.
Walking through the small town built around a 15th century Venetian castle in a summer afternoon is an experience that will not be forgotten.
Organized boat tours, hiking, cycling, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing and kite surfing, are just a few ways you can appreciate and experience the natural beauty of the island and the sea.
A visit to the Antiparos cave that has the oldest stalagmite in Europe is strongly advised.
West of Antiparos there are three uninhabited small islands: Despotiko, Tsimintiri (between Antiparos and Despotiko) and Strongylo (west of Despotiko). Despotiko island has a magnificent silver sandy beach you can easily reach by a boat.
Antiparos island has a wide variety of villas, hotels, rooms to let, apartments and a camping where you can stay on your vacations. You can also find many restaurants for every taste and quite a few bars and clubs. Whatever you need you will be able to find it in the various shops.
There are many events (music, sports, theater, art, etc.) during the summer.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
This webpage is also available in: Ελληνικα (Greek)