2023 ISLAND travel guide
VIsit Greek Islands, Cyclades, Greece
Welcome to Antiparos.com
Antiparos is a beautiful and unique island in the southern Aegean sea, at the heart of Cyclades in Greece.
- Follow us on social media:
Explore the Cycladic Beauty
Welcome to Antiparos.com, the best travel guide of Antiparos island!
Antiparos travel tips and information:
- Antiparos is a beautiful and unique island located in the southern Aegean sea, at the heart of Cyclades, Greece.
- Where beauty well exceeds its size, Antiparos is a small Greek island situated just one nautical mile from Paros island and it is known for its distinctive Cycladic beauty.
- This small island is ideal for a relaxing holiday or a family vacation.
- Narrow cobbled stone alleys and streets, white-washed houses decorated with thriving pink and purple bougainvilleas and shadowy eucalyptus trees create this enchanting atmosphere in Antiparos town.
- Antiparos can easily be reached from Pounda port in Paros by a ferry boat. The ferry boat ride takes about 7 minutes.
- Antiparos island has a wide variety of villas, hotels, rooms to let, apartments and a camping where you can stay on your vacations.
- You can also find many restaurants for every taste and quite a few bars and clubs. Whatever you need you will be able to find it in the various shops.
- Visit the town (hora) that was built around a 15th century Venetian castle.
- Walking through the small town in a summer afternoon is an experience that will not be forgotten. You can also admire the exhibits of the Historical and Folklore Museum of Antiparos.
- Go to the Antiparos Cave on Ayios Ioannis Hill, and see its famous stalagmite and stalactite formations; including the oldest stalagmite in Europe.
- You can also explore the numerous churches on the island.
- The island offers 57 km of stunning shoreline and is blessed with a striking natural beauty, crystalline emerald waters, golden sandy beaches and other extraordinary natural wonders.
- On the island you can enjoy many activities such as swimming at the beaches along the island’s beautiful coastline, water sports, diving or kite surfing.
- West of Antiparos there are three uninhabited small islands: Despotiko, Tsimintiri (between Antiparos and Despotiko) and Strongylo (west of Despotiko). Despotiko island has a magnificent silver sandy beach you can visit and an archaeological site with the temple of Apollo you can easily reach by a tour boat.
- You can also visit the Antiparos sea caves by a boat.
- Organized boat tours, hiking, cycling, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing and kite surfing, are just a few ways you can appreciate and experience the natural beauty of the island and the sea.
- There are many events to attend on Antiparos (music, sports, theater, art, etc.), many of them free, during the summer.
- Antiparos island is the perfect destination for your wedding or event.
- A wedding in Antiparos is something you or your guests will never forget.
Antiparos.com offers the best and more comprehensive travel guide for Antiparos and the small nearby Cycladic islands.
Documentary: Inhabit: A Permaculture Perspective Thursday August 3rd 2023 Antiparos elementary school Time: 21:00 Entrance is free Antiparos Municipality Trailer:…
The world-renowned diver, author, Emmy award winner, photographer, and National Geographic explorer, Brian Skerry in an exclusive presentation in Antiparos…
“Stou Ai Gianniou ti xari” 2023 – traditional cultural event FRIDAY 23rd of JUNE 2023 19:30 – ANTIPAROS PORT Διαβάστε…
Philema Antiparos 2023 – Festival of food and culture 2 Day Festival Sunday 30th April – At the high school…
There are no upcoming events at this time
- Follow us on social media:
Διαβάστε αυτή τη σελίδα στα: Ελληνικά (Greek)