Visit Greek Islands, Cyclades, Greece
- Welcome to Antiparos.com, the no. 1 travel guide of Antiparos island!
- Antiparos is a beautiful and unique island in the southern Aegean sea, at the heart of the Cyclades, Greece.
- This Aegean island is located very close to Paros island.
- The small island is ideal for a relaxing holiday or a family vacation.
- Antiparos can easily be reached from Pounda port in Paros by a ferry boat. The ferry boat ride takes about 7 minutes.
- On the island you can enjoy many activities such as swimming at the beaches along the island’s beautiful coastline, water sports, diving or kite surfing.
- You can visit the town (hora) that was built around a 15th century Venetian castle or go to Antiparos Cave on Ayios Ioannis Hill, and see its famous stalagmite and stalactite formations; including the oldest stalagmite in Europe and visit the Historical and Folklore Museum of Antiparos.
- Also you can visit the Antiparos sea caves by a boat or explore the numerous churches.
- West of Antiparos there are three uninhabited small islands: Despotiko, Tsimintiri (between Antiparos and Despotiko) and Strongylo (west of Despotiko). You can easily visit Despotiko and its beaches by a small tour boat.
- Antiparos island is the perfect destination for your wedding.
- Antiparos.com offers the best and more comprehensive travel guide for Antiparos and the nearby Cycladic islands.
- Follow us on social media @antiparoscom:
GET FROM PAROS
FIND THE BEST BEACH
FIND WHERE TO STAY
ON THE ISLAND
HOW AND WHEN
TO VISIT THE CAVE
The submission deadline for the Antiparos International Photo Festival 2021 has been extended to Monday 19 April 2021. The festival…
The first batch of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines for coronavirus arrived at Antiparos yesterday and were received by the Antiparos…
This video is from last year but today is the day that Greece celebrates 200 years from the start of…
Twelve smaller volume ambulances, suitable to operate on the small islands of the South Aegean with road networks and settlements…
Explore the Cycladic Beauty of Antiparos in Greece
Where beauty well exceeds its size Antiparos is a small Greek island located at the heart of the Cyclades and the Aegean sea. It’s situated just one nautical mile from Paros island and it is known for its distinctive Cycladic beauty.
The island offers 57 km of stunning shoreline and is blessed with a striking natural beauty, crystalline emerald waters, golden sandy beaches and other extraordinary natural wonders.
Narrow cobbled stone alleys and streets, white-washed houses decorated with thriving pink and purple bougainvilleas and shadowy eucalyptus trees create this enchanting atmosphere in Antiparos town.
Walking through the small town built around a 15th century Venetian castle in a summer afternoon is an experience that will not be forgotten. You also admire the exhibits of the Historical and Folklore Museum of Antiparos.
Organized boat tours, hiking, cycling, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing and kite surfing, are just a few ways you can appreciate and experience the natural beauty of the island and the sea.
A visit to Antiparos Cave that has the oldest stalagmite in Europe is strongly advised.
West of Antiparos there are three uninhabited small islands: Despotiko, Tsimintiri (between Antiparos and Despotiko) and Strongylo (west of Despotiko). Despotiko island has a magnificent silver sandy beach and an archaeological site with the temple of Apollo you can easily reach by a boat.
Antiparos island has a wide variety of villas, hotels, rooms to let, apartments and a camping where you can stay on your vacations. You can also find many restaurants for every taste and quite a few bars and clubs. Whatever you need you will be able to find it in the various shops.
There are many events to attend (music, sports, theater, art, etc.), many of them free, during the summer.
A wedding in Antiparos is something you or your guests will never forget.
Διαβάστε αυτή τη σελίδα στα: Ελληνικά (Greek)